Select Page

 

Longmoor housed 5 Railway Training Regiment Royal Engineers which in 1948 became 16 Railway Training Regiment and remained at Longmoor until the railway role was taken over by the Royal Corps on Transport in 1965. Longmoor Military Railway finally closed on 31 October 1969.
Longmoor Camp remains an operational training camp including an urban training centre[16] and extensive ranges It also houses the close protection training units of the Royal Military Police.